As your organization grows, it becomes critical to give your employees timely technical support. This is normally accomplished with an IT Helpdesk. However, your staff faces a few challenges…
- Repetitive, time-consuming tasks
- Long resolution times resulting in lost issues & problematic workarounds
- Challenges keeping track of employee assets
- Requests arriving on multiple channels in a variety of forms
- Lengthy training periods for new employees
Did you know that 45% of your employees spend 3+ hours a week just searching for information within the workplace?
Intelligent Virtual Assistants can play a substantial role in addressing these challenges. Advances in AI have fueled improvements to our work environment, the way we communicate with others, and in the tasks we do. In the digital ecosystem, real-time user engagement is key to gain a competitive advantage and deliver a great experience. IT users are no longer willing to fill up a lengthy ticket form and wait for hours to get a response.
Artificial Intelligence has already made its mark in Customer Support and this is now extending to IT support and IT Service Management (ITSM).
Virtual Assistants (aka chatbots) are one of the leading applications of AI that have demonstrated significant promise.
Industry reports estimate $8Bn in annual savings from chatbots, with 80% of businesses considering implementing them.
Automation is a priority among IT leaders today. IT support chatbots improve overall ITSM efficiency and productivity by handling routine employee issues much faster.
- Chatbots deflect trivial tickets sent to IT Support staff.
- Chatbots interact with users through a conversational interface to address queries faster and are available 24/7.
- Chatbots are programmed to learn from past encounters and they continuously evolve.
IT Support bots will dramatically increase productivity and user satisfaction while working in conjunction with your staff to create a cohesive support experience for the user.
Let’s see some significant use cases of ITSM chatbot
- Better self-service: Chatbots provide scalability & self-service. Chatbots increase the ability of employees to handle trivial issues on their own with minimal assistance. The chatbots will learn to respond intelligently, prompting IT Support staff based on its analysis of the interaction, thus improving the quality of support as well as reducing response time.
- Ticket assignment: Categorizing and assigning tickets can be laborious if done manually. Chatbots simplify this by automatically classifying incoming requests and learning from past cases. If the ticket cannot be resolved by the chatbot, it is assigned to the right IT Support person, along with the conversation history.
- Password reset: Your IT support team spends a large amount of time handling this repetitive task. A chatbot can resolve this query with ease and hand back control to the user effortlessly while implementing appropriate authentication mechanisms.
- Access provisioning: This is a common request in IT departments where an employee requests access or removal of access from a particular resource. Chatbots facilitate this by understanding the type of request, the permitted role of the user, and the underlying workflow to service the request.
Companies have reported 65% fewer support tickets, a 40% reduction in average handling time, and a 35% decrease in response times with the use of an ITSM AI-bot.
Benefits of IT helpdesk chatbot
“55% of all large enterprises will deploy chatbots in IT support to increase work efficiency by 2020” – Gartner
Deploying Intelligent IT support Virtual Assistants does not mean replacing human executives, it simply means reducing the effort taken by technicians while simultaneously increasing the effectiveness of operations to elevate the customer experience. Employees in an organization would appreciate it more if their tickets got resolved faster and effortlessly rather than waiting for days to get a simple issue resolved. A8Chat is an AI-powered, enterprise-grade Virtual Assistant that can learn, adapt, and evolve based on the growing needs of your employees and your IT Helpdesk. Schedule a demo with Autonom8 to learn more.